[fpc-devel]FPC_CHECKPOINTER

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Sun Jun 16 12:05:36 CEST 2002

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Sergey Korshunoff wrote:

> In which cases FPC generates a call to SUBJ? Can I assume that

For all pointer dereferences.

> FPC_CHECKPOINTER would get as parameter only an allocated by GetMem pointer
> (in normal cases) ?

No, it can get any address. The reason is that the compiler cannot know
what kind of address you put in a pointer variable or parameter.

> This question is because I get a SYSSEGV when use
>             OPT='-gc -gh" make all
> under Linux.

The reason is that it only works under go32v2 currently, afaik. It has to
do with the ordering of the data and code in memory, which is different
between go32v2 and linux.

Jonas