[fpc-devel]error 5

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Mon Jul 29 16:29:22 CEST 2002

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Peter Beisel wrote:

> compiler: FPC 1.0.6
> IDE: FP-IDE 0.9.2
> Target: Go32V2
> OS: Pure DOS 6.22
>

> What will that say to me:
> Error: compiler exited with error 5 at addr 00105F42

Error 5 means "access denied". It means that a file that the IDE tries to
use is marked read-only normally.

> This project could be compiled all the day. Then I cleared the
> primary file entry, edited some lines, saved and tryed to compile.
> Since then the error occures every time I want to compile.

You could try deleting the file fp.dsk (I think that's the name of the
file in which fp saves the current desktop anyway) and if that doesn't
help, also fp.ini/fp.cfg (not sure of all these names, I don't have a
system with fp on handy). Most likely one of those files somehow got
corrupted. Note that this will reset all your preferences, so you may want
to backup them first.

Jonas