[fpc-devel]FreePascal Mouse support without Driver

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Fri Jan 4 15:32:54 CET 2002

On vrijdag, januari 4, 2002, at 07:47 , Christian Fillion wrote:

> I just wanna know if it possible to made some change to mouse unit to
> use mouse without driver ?

It is theoretically possible, but we will never distribute such a unit
with the compiler because

a) almost nobody needs such a thing
b) mice come bundled with a mouse driver exactly so that not every one
has to code the mouse hardware directly and so that the user can set
movement speed etc preferences using the driver.

If you want to make such a thing, no problem. Other people may be
interested in it of course, that's wy we have the contributed units
section on our website to which it can be added once it's finished.

> i found some usefull source code in ASM and C/C++
> it is possible to compile this with FPC ?

Not unless you translate it to Pascal and assembler.

Jonas