[fpc-devel]urgent request/question

Konstantin Münning koko at muenning.com
Wed Feb 6 04:13:50 CET 2002

Hi!

j y wrote:

> please help. i need the code in below translated to
> borland pascal:
> let's say: num1min :=10  num1max :=20   num2min :=10
> num2ref :=100
> Repeat
> (* some stuff go here *)
> num1[a] := num1min + num1incr.
> num2[a] := num2min + num2incr.
> Until num2 > num2ref

I don't know what language you are thinking your source is but none of
the ones I know would ever fulfill the until condition. Or are you
referring to C where you write here "+=" as ":="?

> Then like to print the results after the test is
> stopped to screen/file:
> If num1 <= num1min then print "val <= actual value of
> num1min"
> If num1min < num1 < num1max then print "val = actual
> value of num1"
> If num1 >= num1max then print "val >= actual value of num1max".

But you have almost written your code. The following is your code a bit
reordered and corrected to be able to exit:

PROGRAM bogus;
CONST
  num1min=10;
  num1max=20;
  num2min=10;
  num2ref=100;
VAR
  num1,num2:LongInt;
BEGIN
  Repeat
   (* some stuff go here *)
   num1 := num1 + num1min + num1incr;
   num2 := num2 + num2min + num2incr;
  Until num2 > num2ref;
  If num1 <= num1min then WriteLn("val <= actual value of num1min");
  If (num1min < num1) AND (num1 < num1max) then
   WriteLn("val = actual value of num1");
  If num1 >= num1max then WriteLn("val >= actual value of num1max");
END.

By the way, instead of iterating these expressions this could easily be
calculated using a formula involving nothing more than multiplication.

Did this help?