[fpc-devel]Firebird requires crypt

andrew johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 31 15:17:08 CET 2002

I was just experimenting with the dataset component and came across an
error when using FireBird Tables. It seems that Firebird 1.0 links
against libcrypt.so, where Interbase 6.0 does not. This is not an issue,
since it can just manually be linked in or with a {$linklib crypt} in
the program header, but shouldn't this be something taken care of in the
ibase60.pp, or with a new firebird.pp? I realize that the two are
diverging to an extent, so it may make more sense too have a separate
firbird unit, if not package.

Just wondering...

Andrew