[fpc-devel]Needed Help

Georgi Sokolov deadmaker at myrealbox.com
Mon Apr 15 22:27:38 CEST 2002

  well guys... there is something I want to ask..
actually they are 2 things...
I'm using FPK for about half an year and I have no complains about it...
so I decided to try running it in my school /we use old TP7.0 there/ but
I cannot run it there
there are 2 possibilities of that.. but I cannot find a workaround so
I'm asking U for help
so.. there we have a Network Novell some version(I don't know exacly the
version number) DoS 6.22 as OS... as minimal configuration U give the
386/25 and there we have 386/40/4MB and it refuses to work. On different
PCs there are different errors..
When I tryed to run it on the workstations(as I can call them that
way:)) it says that there is no DPMI support.. To be downloaded the
cwsdpmi packadge... I remembered that when I tryed to run DJGPP on my
old machine I have the same problem and I found the workaround.. I
downloaded and installed... but when I have done that on FPK/downloading
and installing/ I have the next message on my Monitor:
    DPMI Error : No DPMI Memory
 or something like that..(I forget what was it exacly)
When I run it on the server:
 386/40/32MB...
 I have some strange exit code/buggy like.. I'm not sure but it sounds
like that/
  here it goes a part of it... I cannot write it the whole one... i'll
try to write only register states and error code..:
   FPC eip 0009190F
           error 0004
           Call frame traceback EIP's
            0x0009190F
            0x00151B52
            0x0000201D

The first time I thought that there is no enough memory so I tryed it on
a system with more memory but that was the error..
I'm thinking that its about the processor 'cus on 486/66/8 it works just
fine..(am I right)
At home I'm running it on the Duron Processor and I have no problems too
but this 386/40..!
There are other possibilities too.. About the Network..
At My School PC's have no HDDs and they are running on the server's
HDD...but I tryed it on the server and there is different error but
there is one anyway..
(PLEASE HELP)
I can send The register states if U wish...
 That was the first question..

The second is about porting the FPK to my language /Bulgarian/ but I'll
ask that when I find workaround for the compiler..

                                                        Thanks anyway
                                                     Yours
Deadmaker(Georgi Sokolov)

                        !Deadmaker is a Guild of Talented Rookies member!