[fpc-devel]Are so many files necessary?

Lee, John LeeJ at logica.com
Tue Apr 9 15:00:24 CEST 2002

No, this is a mistake, there should only be source files in the source
zips...It happens eveery now & again when someone (not sure who) does a make
on the PC used as the server.  I've been requesting for a while that the
script is changed to remove the extra files before zipping...but it isn't
high on the developers priority list! The .ppu,.exe etc should only be in
the snapshots or releases! Just keep complaining when it happens!

John

Subject: [fpc-devel]Are so many files necessary?

Hello All,
I downloaded 1.1 source and found in compiler.zip many precompiled
.ppu/.o files. Are they necessary here? I agree, at least startups for
Linux in RTL source are a good idea for using FPC as cross-compiler
 Win32 -> Linux because their asm sources cannot be compiled with asw,
but what is the mean to upload precompiled parts of compiler in the
same file as its source code? Total size of compiler.zip is 3706950
now.

--
Best regards,
 Pavel

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.