[fpc-devel]Building the PalmOS cross compiler...

Julia A. Case julie at MageNet.com
Tue Sep 4 19:00:08 CEST 2001

Quoting Jonas Maebe (jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be):
> Hmm, that means you checked out the main branch (version 1.1) instead of
> the fixes branch (version 1.0.5) :/ Do a
>
> cvs -z3 co -rFIXES_1_0_0 compiler rtl
>
> that will get you the branch with the working m68k compiler (the 1.1
> version doesn't work with m68k currently)

Ok, almost there.  I got the compiler built, and during the build of the
rtl I found a typo in the palm.pp file, on line 682 there is an extra ;
near the end of the line after the Integer declaration.  Ok, the rtl is
built and I am trying to build the demo app from the 1.1 demo files...
the file compiles fine, but during link it tries to create a link.res
file, but this referenced as @link.res in the script.  Fixed that, but
the format of the link.res seems wrong...

/usr/bin/ldpalm:@link.res: file format not recognized; treating as
linker script/usr/bin/ldpalm:@link.res:1: parse error

I'm not really sure what the format of this file should be.  Anywhere I
can get some documentation on it?

After I get this working I will type up a howto for you folks so someone
else doesn't have to go through all this :-)  If I'm adventerous I may
even put together a rpm for the linux people.

Julia

--
[  Julia Anne Case  ] [        Ships are safe inside the harbor,       ]
[Programmer at large] [      but is that what ships are really for.    ]