[fpc-devel]Again about calling conventions and name mangling

XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Thu Oct 18 22:14:30 CEST 2001

Date sent:      	Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:52:27 +0100
From:           	"Pavel V. Ozerski" <pavel at insect.ief.spb.su>
To:             	fpc-devel at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl
Subject:        	[fpc-devel]Again about calling conventions and name mangling
Send reply to:  	fpc-devel at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl

> 4) separate handling of calling conventions from handling of name
> mangling. This solution can seem to be painful, because can disturb
> compatibility with older FPC versions, but I think, it is necessary.

 I agree with you on a need to separate this, but I think it can be
done without affecting compatibility with older versions. This could
be done using different default mangling mode for individual calling
conventions (with a possibility to override the default using either
global or local switch / modifier.

Tomas