[fpc-devel]Exception-Handling in Threads

Stephan Struckmann stephan.struckmann at gmx.de
Sat Mar 31 21:16:01 CEST 2001

Hi,

as far as I concern the exception handling seems not to be thread safe? I've
written a little server program that handles different connections in threads.
If one of those catches an exception, likely some other threads will catch an
exception. So different threads catch exceptions quickly. It seems as if the
merged list of exception handlers brakes, if one finishes, that was started
before the list has been extended with another thread's exception. It results
in an "Internal error." halt(255); (the list pointer is nil although it
shouldn't be) or - and this is the more enoying form - in unreproducable errors
(SIGSEGV - Signals with addresses that can't be found in the code, ...). Am I
right? Perhaps it'll be fixed - or do I have to reengineer large parts of that
program?

Thanks,

Stephan