[fpc-devel]Delphi incompatibity

Pavel V. Ozerski pavel at insect.mail.iephb.ru
Tue Mar 13 12:52:02 CET 2001

Hello,

There are new new problems with properties which I found by porting KOL:

1) if property has index, it cannot access to class fields by reading/writing, unlike Delphi.
Sample which can be compiled by Delphi but not by FPC:

{$APPTYPE CONSOLE}
{$IFDEF FPC}
{$MODE DELPHI}
{$ENDIF}
type
aClass=class
 private
  aa:longint;
  procedure bb(index:integer;value:longint);
 public
  property cc:longint index 1 read aa write bb;
end;
procedure AClass.bb(index:integer;value:longint);
 begin
  aa:=value;
 end;
var
 C:aClass;
begin
 C:=aClass.Create;
 C.cc:=1;
 writeln(C.cc);
end.

To use it with FPC, I must write a method - function with dummy index parameter! It is a solution but it is not good!

2) index in properties in FPC cannot be outside of LONGINT range (even if it is inside CARDINAL range);
 property AAA:longint index $FFFFFFFF read ... is good for Delphi but causes error message in FPC.

Pavel