[fpc-devel]mmsystem

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Mar 8 15:53:45 CET 2001

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Noah silva wrote:

> I tend to agree, Copyright law clearly states that "Obvious" and/or
> "Trivial" things are not copyrightable. If you can tell from an API the
> structure of the data and/or the function definitions (which/I/ would call
> trivial), then you can easily reconstruct them.  For example, looking at
> the textcolor function, I can easily deduct something like:

I have checked the mmsystem.pas file that comes with Delphi, and there
is no copyright statement in it other than that of Microsoft. It does
contain a note saying that it was translated by the 'Inprise Corporation'

This being the case, I think we can safely use it (unless some core members
disagree)

Michael.