[fpc-devel]My Linklib again

Pavel V. Ozerski pavel at insect.mail.iephb.ru
Thu Mar 1 10:11:04 CET 2001

>You should use the main branch. You can download daily the whole source from
>
>ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/source/fpc.zip  (8 Mb)
>
>or only the compiler and rtl
>
>ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/source/compiler.zip (1,7 Mb)
>ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/source/rtl.zip      (1,5 Mb)

1) Now I cannot connect to this FTP server: I get message that it is shut down. Are mirrors available?
2) My current patch is more "hard": it makes changes in 6 units:
    implib.pas (formerly impdef.pas);
    pmodules.pas;
    cobjects.pas;
    psub.pas;
    pdecl.pas;
    t_win32.pas;
    files.pas.

I tried to make some things which must allow porting this patch also to OS/2 target (but I did not write OS/2 support because
I have no OS/2 on my computer). Therefore I have several questions about OS/2 target:
1) does loading OS/2 dlls work now?
2) Is the "unbinding" from EMX planned? BTW, Watcom C is preparing to become an open source. I don't know, but may be,
its linker can support OS/2 target?

Also an next idea about compiler directives. May be, that would be useful, to make the possibilty to change default
calling conventions: {$CALLING CDECL | STDCALL | REGISTER | etc.}?

Pavel