[fpc-devel]latest OS/2 version?

xhajt03 at mbox.vol.cz xhajt03 at mbox.vol.cz
Fri Jan 26 09:00:16 CET 2001

   Hi,

> I grabbed what I thought was the latest daily snapshot for OS/2.

 there's nothing like "daily snapshots for OS/2", unfortunately. OS/2 snapshots are being created on "as needed + as time permits" basis. The problem is we still don't have an OS/2 machine with a permanent Internet connection. I only have a very slow (24 kbit usually :-( ) dial-up connection, so creating snapshots is somewhat complicated for me. Charlie/INQ created/uploaded several snapshots before, but I didn't get an e-mail from him for several months now. Any other volunteer?

> I wanted to try working on my program again, I hoped to get the latest
> sysutils in it. It appears that there are no files newer than last August in baseemx.zip
> Is my only choice to grab ALL the source and recompile? I want to work
> on a Pascal program not a Pascal compiler.

 You definitely don't need to grab all sources, nor compile the whole compiler, if the only thing you need is an updated/corrected sysutils version. At maximum, you'd need to recompile the RTL, but even this isn't needed in your case - you can get the individual file plus all the includes from CVS (or using the WWW CVS interface on our pages, if you don't have the CVS client installed - it works without problems on OS/2). In addition, you might want to get FCL sources and recompile these as well if you use FCL in your sources, because FCL depends on sysutils.

Tomas