[fpc-devel]Flushing files automatically closed on exit

Gregory L Simpson gregoryleroysimpson at juno.com
Tue Jan 9 00:53:33 CET 2001

I do not subscribe to the mailing lists.

Version: 1.0.4 [2000/12/30] for i386

System: Win98 on Celeron 466

I just converted an old utility of mine to compile under Free Pascal.
While testing, I found the end of my output file was missing.  This seems
to be caused by my relying on program exit to close the file, and Free
Pascal not doing a flush when it automatically closed it.

I have compiled this program using several other compilers (Turbo (1.0?),
UCSD, gpc...) and not had this problem, so I think it is at least an
incompatibility with most compilers, if not a bug.

The source for a simple test program is attached.

Greg Simpson