[fpc-devel]compiling FPC from cvs

Willi Krenn Willi.Krenn at gmx.net
Sun Feb 11 16:25:45 CET 2001

Hello!

First let me say, that I hope I hit the right list with this email! (I'm sure
you'll tell me if I don't :) )

Ok, since Kylix(tm) is way out of my finacial reach and I don't plan to license
all my programs under GPL I thought I should try FreePascal to get my work done
under Linux.
As I desperately need interfaces (variants are not that important) for the
port of a project (www.dwscript.com) I looked in the lazarus mail archive
(the others are not working) and found out that fpc 1.1 supports interfaces!
(The compiler changelogs are indicating the same.)
As I had some time left I  did a fpc checkout, downloaded the fpc 1.5 rpm and
wanted to compile the new fpc version. Here lies my problem:

Free Pascal Compiler version 1.0.5 [2001/01/15] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2000 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for i386
Compiling pp.pas
Compiling catch.pas
catch.pas(42,10) Fatal: Can't compile unit LINUX, no sources available
make: *** [ppc386] Error 1
willi at pciii:~/fp/fpc/compiler >

Now what 's the error?  What did I wrong?

regards,
 Willi