[fpc-devel]Compiling problems

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Dec 3 09:15:03 CET 2001

> Has anybody succeeded to compile compiler in win32 environment? I have tried
> it with both 1.0.5 and 1.1 versions many times with out luck. If I install
> everything and go compiler source directory and type "make cycle" it usually
> stops with some include missing. If I add rtl+other sources to compiler
> search path it stop in one include with error code 216 which is protection
> fault.
>
> If somebody has compiled compiler in win32 environment, could you tell me
> how to do it?
>
> Or maybe I shoud RTFM? :)

I ran it last night, and it ran fine.

There are several possibilities:

- Your start compilers are out of date. The best thing to start with is
   a recent (till about 1.5 month old is fine) 1.0.5 snapshot compiler.

- Your run a NT-based system: check RTFF (the FAQ that is). You need newer GNU
   utils, and adjust your path to be uppercase. Go to the site, select more
   information and then FAQ