[fpc-devel]Re [2]: Some more compiler problems

Aleksey V. Vaneev picoder at sbis.komi.ru
Wed Apr 4 17:22:35 CEST 2001

Hello,

> That's the problem in your project not from the compiler. You need to rethink your module
> structure in your project to solve this or think about an different initialization using
> InitModule and DoneModule procedures and calling those yourselves.

That's impossible in all the cases. I will need then to join all
modules or at least a huge amount of them into one module.
Regarding "initmodule" and "donemodule".. Can't understand why
initialization and finalization things be needed if I will be forced to
do things this way. FPC will look like C after all.

BTW, my (ours, really) project is currently private, so I cannot spread
huge parts of it (btw, HRC compressor is a part of it).

>> Maybe it is possible to build some "clever" dependency tree?
> Go ahead if you know how to do it, the main parts of the code are located in pmodules.pas
> and fmodule.pas. But don't forget the whole unit loading situation is very complex and
> dangers of recursion.

It is generally difficult to dig some other's code. Maybe I can think
of a general algo. Dunno. If something pops up I will write here.

BTW, can you briefly explain work of built in FPC memory manager (what
kind of trees are used if any, etc)? Just wanted to know - maybe
there's some place for the development...

Best regards,
 Aleksey                          mailto:picoder at sbis.komi.ru