[fpc-devel]errors Sat sources making snaps

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Sat Sep 30 15:13:09 CEST 2000

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000 leej at logica.com wrote:

> 2 (mkerrs) make log errors, Sat 04:48:17 possible error lines in snaptg, o/p file=d:\fpk\makestg.dat (ofn)
> panic : internal compiler error, exiting.

Fixed. I forgot to test with -OG3p3r, I only tested my latest changes with
-Or. The main problem was that 8bit register variables were loaded without
first zeroing the rest of the registers. If you then have an enum-type
variable with {$packenum 1} and you use the "in" operator (for a
set), the btrl instruction was used which looks at the full 32bit contents
of the register.

Jonas