[fpc-devel]strange work with dll (dynamic dll)

Michail A.Baikov baikov at mosfilm.ru
Tue Oct 17 22:13:13 CEST 2000

> > 1. Why not work assign(output,'');writeln('blabla');close(output); ? In
> > BP70/DPMI all working
>
> AFAIK you cannot write from a dll to standard output.
> I will test this with Delphi tomorrow.

I am understand. FPC don't require open standart input (for readln function)
and standart output (for writeln function). All simplest ;)

But why fpc exports from DLL all names in UPPER register? BP, imho don't
touch export names. In source small characters, and in exports section small
also.

> > 2. Why in -S2 option fpc don't allow assign values to an address
> > (@readconfig := blablabla (see up)).
>
> Because -S2 is not 'TP' or 'Delphi' syntax; it is ObjFPC syntax.
> (And a statement where you assign to an address is strange IMHO)

It's not strange. VP/Delphi understand this construction.

It's: "in address of readconfig variable (see source) we take address from
GetProcAddress"

Michael, it's "high aerobatics" in Pascal :-) I am too not all understand in
this technology (callback and dyno-plugins technology) :-)