[fpc-devel]errs, 2 different errs, Mon sources starting with rel 1.0.2... wi th maximal opt

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Tue Oct 17 13:57:17 CEST 2000

>Starting with rel 1.0.2 in each case... 2 diffferent errors...
>
>1 (make.zip) using maximal optimisation (see log), internal error... some
>sort of opt problem?!

It's the problem with the upper 16bits of registers used for 16bit
regvars not being zeroed. I fixed that in the main branch, but forgot the
fixes branch (because the regvar handling changed a lot between 1.0x and
1.1x to suppr regvars in inline procedures).

This means that if you start with 1.0.2, do first a normal make cycle and
only use -OG3p3r with the resulting compiler.

I'll commit a fix for this in the fixes branch later today.

Jonas