[fpc-devel]Direct Memory Access and Iterrupts under Linux

Sebastian Günther sguenther at gmx.de
Thu Nov 23 14:02:50 CET 2000

svtvn at bol.com.br wrote:

> How I can access DMA and Interrupts under Linux?

You cannot directly access the hardware on Linux, especially not DMA or
interrupts. You would have to write a kernel module, which is not
possible to do with Free Pascal. (at least not with an unmodified RTL).

> I want make a graph
> library but it´s need and I can´t do it (it crash my program).

Do you really need to write your own graphics library, isn't it possible
for you to use libvga/libsvga, GGI or the framebuffer device?

- Sebastian