[fpc-devel]Bugs in Win32 version

Leon de Boer on Starwon ldeboer at starwon.com.au
Tue Nov 21 10:29:52 CET 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Van Canneyt" <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be>
To: <fpc-devel at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl>
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: [fpc-devel]Bugs in Win32 version

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Leon de Boer on IBM wrote:
>
> > Hi guys finally got some time off to do some work
> >
> > New bug in version 1.02 release
> >
> > The compiler spits it if you try to link a resource file into your
exe
> > with {$R Somename}
> >
> > error
> >
> > '-gcc' no recognized as an internal or external program
> > Warning preprocessor failed
> > Warning no resources
> > Closing script ppas.bat
>
> The problem is not in the compiler, but in windres; to work with
> windres, you need gcc installed. (for it's preprocessor)

But that's the point GCC is installed and if I type GCC at the command
line it runs and complains about no input file..

> > Also what is the status of the bug with not being able to have a
> > record label and type the same "HIcon: HIcon;"
>
> I think this is fixed in the development branch, but I am not 100%
> sure.

Anyone know which unit(s) the patch is in so I can just make it to the
release copy...I hate using the developer copies as things are forever
changing..which is good and bad if you know what I mean

Regards Leon