[fpc-devel]Building FPC on Win32 again

Roderick van Domburg gog at gamepoint.net
Fri Dec 29 17:02:25 CET 2000

I have resolved the "make cycle" problem I reported a while ago, I had
several make.exe's in various different directories, and Windows 2000 seemed
to freak out on it. If I only include the directory to GNU Make in my path
it seems to work fine, but then this is where it seems to go wrong:

make[4]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/CVSROOT/fpc/stable/fpc/compiler'
ppc386.exe !FPCEXTCMD -XX pp.pas
mv -f pp.exe ppc386.exe
rm -f ppc1.exe
mv -f ppc386.exe ppc1.exe
make 'FPC=./ppc1.exe' 'OLDFPC=' next
make[5]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/CVSROOT/fpc/stable/fpc/compiler'
make execlean
make[6]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/CVSROOT/fpc/stable/fpc/compiler'
rm -f fpc.exe ppc386.exe ppcaxp.exe ppc68k.exe ppcppc.exe
make[6]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/CVSROOT/fpc/stable/fpc/compiler'
make -C ../rtl/win32 clean
make[6]: ./ppc1.exe: Command not found

And many many more of the "make[x]: ./ppc1.exe: Command not found" error
messages that finally cause all the makes to halt and perform an auto-make
clean or something.

I have this both with the 1.0 and 1.1 CVS branches on Windows 2000 SP1. I've
tried both GNU Make versions 3.76.1 and 3.79.1. Can anyone offer any help?
It looks to me like the Makefile is broken, but I'm far from a make expert.