[fpc-announce] New entry in Free Pascal Contributed units. (csvutils505)

contribs at freepascal.org contribs at freepascal.org
Mon Mar 5 23:22:11 CET 2007

The following entry was added to the Free Pascal contributed units:

Name         : csvutils505
Author       : Lars (L505)
Email        : fpcunits(at)z505(dot)com
Homepage     : http://z505.com
FTP site     : https://opensvn.csie.org/pspcgi/psp-1.6.x-devel/extras/csv/
Version      : 0.0.1
Date         : 2007-03-05
Category     : Miscellaneous
Supported OS : All (linux, bsd, windows, etc)
Description  :
CSV utilities for making CSV files. Does not read data from CSV files yet - just creates CSV files.
I searched the internet for simple routines to create CSV files and could not find any. The ones I found were either overly complicated, or they didn't create proper CSV files. So I built some procedures that create CSV cells and create new rows.
These CSV utilities are compatible with Microsoft Excel so for example quotes are doubled together and the data is comma delimited. However, you can specify any delimiter you want with these routines, and any encloser you want.
It is currently not optimized but it works - in the future ansistring buffer will be optimized with the option to write directly to a file instead of going through ansistring first.