[fpc-announce]Free Pascal compiler version 1.0.2 beta for FreeBSD is officially out !
Marco van de Voort
marcov at stack.nl
Sun Oct 22 18:10:57 CEST 2000
It is with great pleasure that the Free Pascal Development Team
Version 1.0.2 beta for FreeBSD 4.x +
of the Free Pascal compiler has been officially released.
This is a first beta version, commandline only, and not all packages
checked for FreeBSD compability.
If you have FreeBSD available, try to test to compile your sources
FreeBSD, so we can lift this beta status soon.
The Free Pascal Compiler/FreeBSD features:
- A Turbo Pascal and Delphi compatible compiler for the Intel
family, with some extensions to the Pascal and Object Pascal
such as operator overloading.
- An OS independent Run-Time Library, equivalent to the Turbo Pascal
and Delphi Run-Time Libraries, not dependent on external libraries.
- An API allowing for OS-Independent screen, keyboard and mouse
management. (we need a lot of fixes and help here!)
- Many units, interfacing to various API's: gtk, xforms, zlib,
sockets, X, mysql, postgresql, Interbase, paszlib, opengl, libgdb.
- A Free Component Library, containing many base classes from the
- More than 800 pages of documentation in Adobe PDF format, featuring
+ User's guide
+ Programmer's guide
+ Reference guide
+ reference guide for all units in the Run-Time Library
+ More than 440 complete example programs.
(Other formats include plain text, HTML and PostScript)
- Full sources to compiler, RTL, docs, packages.
The distribution is available from
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org in directory /pub/fpc/dist/freebsd-1.0.2 and
and from FTP mirrors.
speaking for the whole Free Pascal Development Team
Marco van de Voort (MarcoV at Stack.nl or marco at freepascal.org)
More information about the fpc-announce