[fpc-pascal] Single threaded application on multicore CPU

Stephen Chrzanowski pontiac76 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:41:04 CEST 2016

Everything has a cost.  But swapping CPU threads isn't as costly as a fried
CPU.  Keeping the CPU cool at all costs is better than having a hotspot on
the die which COULD damage the heat sink.

The computing cost of swapping CPUs is probably close to zero.  Your CPU
only has so much on-die memory that it has to push things out CONSTANTLY to
on board RAM, so there may be a time when your CPU (Not the Operating
System) has zero knowledge of your application.  When your OS takes the
information back to the CPU, the OS will look at the particularities of CPU
(Heat, load, in use, etc) and specify which CPU will get the task.