[fpc-pascal] Screwed FPC installation in Xubuntu

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 00:52:14 CEST 2015

I was able to get my Xubuntu 15.10 into a state where FPC doesn't work even
if I remove and install again from repo.
I tried installing FPC 3RC1 but then removed all traces of it.
At one point there were links to /etc/alternative created by the
Ubuntu package system. After removing everything and then installing FPC 3
using the sh script, there is no fpc.cfg generated. Why not?

Strangely I have earlier managed to install FPC 3RC1 without problems in
other systems. This is embarrassing. I was planning to use Xubuntu for
a while now.

Juha