[fpc-pascal] *SPAM* Re: How to compile Lazarus program using only FPC?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Sep 25 12:23:37 CEST 2015

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 11:16:55 +0200
> Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>>> ... please don't introduce confusion where there is none.
>>>
>> I suppose this confusion already is ubiquitous (and miner as the
>> "_first_name_" of the LCL *is* "Lazarus (Component Library)" ).
>>
>> Of course to be absolutely  correct I should have written:
>>
>> When installing "Lazarus" you usually install  two completely different
>> things at the same time:
>> 1) the IDE
>>    2) the LCL library.
>
> I also ask you kindly to stop spreading FUD.
>
> Lazarus is the IDE and the project containing a whole bunch of
> packages. Many of them use Lazarus in their names. LCL is the
> most prominent.

In fairness, even though the Lazarus IDE and the LCL are installed
together, you can (a) use the IDE for a non-LCL project, (b) build an
LCL project using lazbuild, and (c) use the IDE for an LCL-based
project. So functionally, there are distinctions.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk