[fpc-pascal] Linking failed on RaspberryPi

Peter peter at pblackman.plus.com
Tue Sep 15 13:11:25 CEST 2015

On 14/09/15 21:09, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>> On 04/09/15 02:15, Xiangrong Fang wrote:
>>> Is there anything missing from my FPC installation?
>>> TIA for any hint.
>>
>> To build FPC programs on linux one generally needs a variant of
>> libc-dev, which is not part of FPC itself.
>> The package you need might be libc6-dev, or some other combination of
>> 'libc' and 'dev'.
>>
>> Please post the solution if/when you find it for the benefit of others.
>> This same question seems to keep poping up on this list.
>
> You mean like I did [checks] on the 31st?
> http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-pascal/2015-August/045157.html
>
> And that was without any particular additions, other than what came with
> Raspbian 2014 as standard; Raspbian 2015 doesn't need most of those
> options (i.e. either miss out the -FL and -Fl options, or follow
> Martin's procedure).

The symbols the OP is missing are defined in crti.o
Without further information from him, its impossible to know whether the
problem is that
1) crti.o is not installed (its libc..dev not FPC)
2) The -Fl option does not use the right path for the system in use.

I would suggest the following;
try the command
ls /usr/lib/**/crti.o

If it works, use the given path for -Fl (as per the links already given
in this thread.
If it does not work, install the libc package that contains crti.o, and
repeat the test.

Regards,
PB