[fpc-pascal] Sound procedure does not work

Mon Sep 14 17:47:10 CEST 2015

On 2015-09-14 16:27, Géza Kovacs Géza wrote:
> What are the methods of (cross-platform) produce sound?

The best would be to create a cross-platform wrapper class around all
sound API's on the platforms you are interested in. eg: OSS under
FreeBSD, PulseAudio under Linux, MCI under Windows.

SDL does this already, but SDL doesn't come standard with Windows. UOS
is another one that comes to mind - implemented for FPC. I've personally
tested UOS on Linux, Windows, Mac osX, freeBSD and it works very well.

UOS can be found here:

   https://github.com/fredvs/uos.git

I'm sure there will be other wrapper classes already implemented too
(not sure if any are included as standard with FPC), otherwise roll your
own. But I would give UOS a try first.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/