[fpc-pascal] Updated FPC from svn but make does not work..

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Nov 10 10:34:28 CET 2015

Martin Schreiber wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 November 2015 09:48:23 Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>
>>> Yes. And I recommend to use cross compiling and debugging from a X86
>>> Linux PC:
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/lazarus%40lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/msg504
>>> 06.html
>> On that we'll have to disagree. The RPi, particularly the 2, is an
>> entirely adequate computer in its own right.
>
> Sure but the accustomed development environment (tools, documentation, version
> control, useful links, mail and mailinglists...) must first be installed and
> maintained separately.
> I find it much more convenient to use a single "every day" development
> environment for all tasks.

On the balance, particularly when one has something as capable as the
RPi2, I don't. What I do find useful is being able to cut-and-paste
between (programs running on) different hosts, which in practice either
means running the IDE over SSH or having something running on each
computer to implement a shared clipboard.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk