[fpc-pascal] FPC 3.0.0-rc1 release

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Aug 30 15:06:41 CEST 2015

On 30/08/15 14:47, John Lee wrote:
> Can you please tell me which packages are needed so linking works. Martin?

What linker error did you get? You only posted "/usr/bin/ld: warning:
link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?", but as the
message literally says that's a warning, not an error. It's even been in
the faq for 5 or more years: http://www.freepascal.org/faq.var#unix-ld219

> Don't understand your point(s) - it is complicated by the problems of
> arm on 2.6.4 and the arm flavours, but you seem to be making it worse!

What did we do that made it worse?

> We support fpc on various win (and linux) os for i386 & various
> versions, eg win xp (maybe), 7, 10. Also we used to say for these 'you
> need certain utils eg as, ls etc' until we had the internal as and lds

For Windows, we always provide all utilities ourselves, so that's easy.
For Linux, we assume the user set it up for development already using
their distribution's specific method (if you installed FPC 2.6.4 using
apt-get install, you should have everything you need already; if not,
file a bug report with your distribution).

Jonas