[fpc-pascal] *SPAM* Re: Windows IOT Core

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:31:18 CEST 2015

Am 20.08.2015 12:45 schrieb "Michael Schnell" <mschnell at lumino.de>:

> On 08/20/2015 08:02 AM, Sven Barth wrote:
>>

>> Not if Microsoft requires apps to use the Windows RT APIs (probably even
in form of universal apps). Because FPC has zero, null, nadda support for
this.

>> And even then you'd need a suitable assembler that can assemble to
ARM-COFF (don't know whether mingw has something suitable there).

> OK, This is the answer regarding ARM (e.g. running on a RASPi) that I did
expect.

> What about the Intel brand of WIN IOT Core ?
>
> I read that Microsoft claims that "there is only one Windows 10)" so the
RT API should be non existing or optional.

Microsoft will probably only allow the usage of Apps (in contrast to normal
Win32 programs) there. Thus of course it requires the RT API.

Please keep in mind that while Windows 10 works on PCs, smartphones, the
XBox, the HoloLens and other embedded systems this does not mean that
developers are allowed to use the Win32 API everywhere (in fact the only
one which allows it seems to be PC).

Regards,
Sven