[fpc-pascal] FPC's documentation license?

Sat Aug 8 11:26:06 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-08 10:13, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> The problem with this is that if you don't specify a license, the
> default in copyright law is that no one is allowed to do anything
> with your work without explicit permission from you

Correct, and which actually applies a lot of restriction.

I've been reading up on the GFDL and Creative Commons licenses. The GFDL
requires that you include a full copy of that license in any text or
print, which I don't like. The Creative Commons seems quite nice, as you
can mix and match the parts you want. Their website, videos etc also
makes it very clear (I thought) in what each "part" means.

eg:
Here is a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0
License. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
It mixes in 3 parts: Attribution, NonCommercial & ShareAlike.

Incidently, this is a well used Creative Commons license for open-source
books.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/