[fpc-pascal] which GUI (noob)

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Aug 4 13:27:03 CEST 2015

writes:

> If you have the time I suggest you take a look at another open source
> project called tiOPF (TechInsite Object Persistence Framework). It
> abstracts the data persistence (saving/loading), so you simply
> concentrate on designing your business objects. The tiOPF framework then
> takes care of the rest and allows you to switch where you store your
> data (XML, Firebird, MySQL, SQL Server, SQLite etc), without needing any
> code changes.

Interesting…I was looking at this page
(http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/tiOPF) and wondered why there is no
support for Sqlite3. :-)

> I've personally used tiOPF for over 15 years in commercial software, and
> highly recommend it for Client/Server or 3-tier database development work.

Thanks. It’s bookmarked now.

> A smaller development team doesn't make a project any less useful. eg:
> The Free Pascal Compiler development team is minute compared to say the
> Qt project. Yet I [and many others] find FPC immensely useful, and more
> importantly what allows us [as developers] to make a living.

Thank you very much for your input.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you
are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider