[fpc-pascal] can someone please email me a zipped hello world binary program MIPS big endian for testing on my MIPS hardware?

Dennis Poon dennis at avidsoft.com.hk
Wed Jun 12 16:43:19 CEST 2013

I do know all the previous advices were about MIPS little endian. I have
modified those to MIPS accordingly and I have 'successfully' compiled
programs for MIPS by
creating symbolic links for mipseb (for strange reason, the compiler
insists on mipsed, not mips):

root at debian: /usr/bin   ln -s mips-linux-gnu-ld mipseb-linux-ld
and the same for 'as'

I also tried mipsel and that went ok, but still need to remove '-linux'
in the name.
Don't know why mips has to be 'renamed' as mipseb.

Anyway, I managed to compile a "hello world" program for MIPS without
errors. However, when I ran it on my MIPS hardware, it just froze
without any error message.
I have attached the gzipped hello world program with this. Hope someone
can kindly run it on their MIPS bigh endian hardware and see if it
writeln 'hello world'.

the program was just :

program hello;
{$mode objfpc}{$H+}