[fpc-pascal] is there a ready to use FPC Cross compiler x86-Linux -> MIPS-linux?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jun 12 13:48:15 CEST 2013

Dennis Poon wrote:
> Mark,
>
> If you are referring to http://wiki.freepascal.org/MIPS_port
> then I did use that one but somehow along the way, I still cannot
> produce a binary program for mips, so someone suggested the binutils I
> got from that link might be the cause.

At the top of that page is a "health warning", which I put in when there
was a flurry of activity merging David Zhang's work- for some reason
he'd flattened directories etc. and I was working through comparing
files to find what had changed.

Immediately below that is a link to
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Native_MIPS_Systems which includes
blow-by-blow accounts of building cross-binutils from source: I put
those in using cut-and-paste as I did them but somebody has since
tweaked the format. Florian and others started putting a significant
amount of effort into the compiler in the middle of last year, at which
point I stepped back since (a) they're the experts and (b) I'm stuck
using Qemu which isn't really fast enough (Fuxin at Lemote promised a
netbook for development which didn't materialise).

I'm not saying that link will answer all your questions about the
innards of the compiler, but it should result in your having usable tools.

http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-pascal/2013-June/038362.html

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk