[fpc-pascal] Favourite Pascal books

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 08:16:10 CET 2013

waldo kitty wrote:
> On 1/22/2013 06:52, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
>> The best introductory Turbo Pascal book I've ever read was "Mastering
>> Turbo Pascal 6" from Scott D. Palmer spanish edition,
>
> i've got one with that very same title but written by Tom Swan... the
> one i have is the paperback, fourth edition - third printing 1993...
> 1037 pages...
>
> ISBN: 0-672-48505-2
> LCCCN: 91-61702

Has anybody mentioned "Lazarus: The Complete Guide" yet?

http://www.blaisepascal.eu/index.php?actie=./subscribers/UK_Book_Department

I don't have a copy, but I think that the cross-platform aspect of Free
Pascal and Lazarus means that one has at least to be aware that some
facets of TP and Delphi don't apply.

Also both Delphi/Lazarus and the underlying Object Pascal language have
moved so much towards a component-based approach that things like linked
list manipulation are far less important than they used to be. Arguably,
if you find yourself with a pointer or an address at the application
level then you're at fault: everything like that should be in custom
objects with well-defined interfaces.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk