[fpc-pascal] make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Jan 15 22:15:42 CET 2013

In our previous episode, Tomas Hajny said:
> > make[2]: *** [installbase] Error 2
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/erickom/fpcbuild/fpcsrc'
> > make[1]: *** [installbase] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erickom/fpcbuild'
> > make: *** [install] Error 2
> >
> > missing command fpcmake
>
> As already suggested by Jonas (and also by me when giving it as the
> first option in my list of options), regular installation of the last
> release should be the first choice (and anything else is not
> supported). That said, possible workaround for your particular case
> would be using the newly created fpcmake binary (probably already
> built in fpcsrc/utils/fpcm/ before the step which failed for you) -
> either in its original place or by copying it elsewhere first; you
> can inform FPCMAKE of its location by adding
> FPCMAKE=.../fpcsrc/utils/fpcm/fpcmake to the make command.
>
> Still, I agree to Jonas that standard installation should be
> preferred over these workarounds (which are primarily intended for
> situations when the standard solution cannot be used).

Specially since there are more such hidden dependencies, like data2inc

IOW there is a difference between the most minimal dependencies possible
(e.g. for the first period after the initial bootstrap) and what is normal
and supportable.

Normal and supportable is having the last release installed, use that to
bootstrap trunk, and then crosscompile.