[fpc-pascal] make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Tue Jan 15 14:14:43 CET 2013

On Tue, January 15, 2013 13:12, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Eric Kom wrote:

>>> Good man. If there's a runnable fpc in your path (this is a shim that
>>> sorts out some extra settings for the ppc binary) and you still have
>>> problems, then try an explicit PP setting e.g.
>>>
>> runnable fpc, you mean fpc-2.6.0 installed?
>>> export PP=/usr/local/bin/ppc386
>>> make OPT='-O- -gl -Xs-' all
>
> I specifically mean a binary called fpc, e.g. /usr/local/bin/fpc (or
> some other path of your choice). Where you got it from is your business.

Well, this last statement is probably worth a slight extension - in
general, the three basic options for getting the starting compiler binary
are:

1) Install the last official release (as already suggested in your
previous statement) - obviously the easiest option if possible for your
particular case.

2) Get a bootstrap compiler binary for your platform (e.g.
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.6.0/bootstrap/).

3) Cross-compile the compiler binary (if not available from either of the
two previous options) on one of the architectures/platforms supported in
the last release.

Tomas