[fpc-pascal] Re: OpenCL (Lourival Mendes)

Ingemar Ragnemalm ingemar at ragnemalm.se
Tue Dec 22 14:35:06 CET 2009

I have tried Dmitry's OpenCL interfaces, and they work just fine. I use it on a Mac using Lightweight IDE, and making OpenCL work through it using C or FPC is trivial; it just works. I don't know how hard it is to use it from Lazarus (which I can't run for unknown reasons) but it can't be very hard.

There are three ways to work with GPU computations, shaders (e.g. GLSL), CUDA and OpenCL. CUDA is integrated with C, for better or worse (worse for us since that makes it hard to use from FPC). Shaders and OpenCL are no problem to use from FPC. In all cases, the languages are C-based. :-(

/Ingemar