[fpc-pascal] sql server embedded: sqlite the only solution?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:43:28 CET 2009

2009/12/17 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> I don't see the benefit in that. Compiler defines are evil, no need to
> promote them.

The compiler defines for linking persistence layers are limited to one
unit out of about three hundred units - no compiler defines are in
your actual project code, only in the Compiler Options dialog which
then applies to the whole project. So that's not really promoting
them.

> You can perfectly create a descendent of the existing tiOPF DB connection,
> which, when created, sets the variable if the library was not yet loaded. In

This is what I meant - I'll take a look closer at the time when we
actually need embedded firebird support.

> (Note that it is impossible to mix the two, but that is a firebird
> limitation).

No, I was going to use one or the other, not both firebird connection methods.

  - Graeme -