[fpc-pascal] remote debugging using gdbserver

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Dec 13 13:59:53 CET 2009

On 13 Dec 2009, at 13:51, ik wrote:

> When I debug it internally on the device, gdb gives me a backtrace properly
> and few other functions, however when i use gdbserver like so:
> $ gdbserver 192.168.0.202:2222 ./hello
>
> And try to debug it using:
>
> gdb# targer remote 192.168.0.202:2222 ./hello
>
> The connection is closed.
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

I think you better ask that on the gdb list, or on a list/site from the people that built the toolchain you are using. Make sure to at the very least mention the version of gdb that you are using (and keep in mind that the gdb server and client versions and (cross-)architectures have to match, you can't just connect with a random gdb to a random gdb server).

Jonas