[fpc-pascal] Forum merger

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Dec 13 13:58:16 CET 2009

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009, Bee Jay wrote:

>> Time?
>
> I believe I could make a basic forum application within a few days, in my
> spare time, using ExtPascal. But I myself don't think ExtPascal would be the
> correct tool to be used since it creates a non search engine friendly
> application (because of Ajax). I think fpWeb would be the best tool because
> it's provided by FPC and Lazarus (lazWeb), so we would have many people to be
> asked for if we're in trouble. :D

The ExtPascal statement is not quite correct; you can perfectly make a
search-engine friendly site, but you must cater for this when you start
your design. It diminishes the speed slightly, but not so much that it hurts.
A similar statement is true to get the back/forward browser buttons to
work properly.

Michael.