[fpc-pascal] Linking Problems while cross compiling for arm

Dariusz Mazur darekm at emadar.com
Wed Dec 9 10:35:28 CET 2009

Jonas Maebe pisze:
> On 08 Dec 2009, at 23:25, Dariusz Mazur wrote:
>

>> By the way:
>> when XR path is set then XP should be default, but its not
>>

> -XP is set by /etc/fpc.cfg if the source cpu is different from the target CPU, and if the source and target OS are not both Darwin (because on Mac OS X, the default as/ld can assemble/link for all supported architectures). -XR has nothing to do with the naming of the assembler/linker.

-XR is need to resolve part to uclibc or others, FPC is looking
<XR>/lib/uclibc.o
then FPC can assume that -XP is equal <XR>/bin

>> FPC search arm-linux-as
>> maybe better search also "as" in <XR path>/bin/as
>>

> No, that would cause confusion. If you want the compiler to use as/ld there, then use -XP -FD<XR path>/bin (-XP without anything else will set the prefix to "nothing").

that not solve problem.
Its not for me, I pass through crosscompiling,  but I want to make it
simpler,
FPC can make some test to achieve  the same result as with full
directives (I use only two, but one should be enough)
but if You think its bad way, no problem

--
  Darek