[fpc-pascal] Re: Linking Problems while cross compiling for arm

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Dec 8 11:42:21 CET 2009

On 08 Dec 2009, at 11:18, Hartmut Eilers wrote:

> I'm trying hard for 5 days now and I'm really frustrated, can anybody
> give me advice which toolchain may work or how my error can be
> resolved?
>
> The toolchain I use is from free electron an embedded company which
> uses this toolchain to build kernels for the USB9263. From my point of
> view it must be possible to link against this toolchain.

It's apparently "free electrons", not free electron. And they
distribute a bunch of makefiles. And as far as I can tell from the
description, it's just a bunch of scripts to build (and possibly
install) a toolchain. I think that you simply installed it wrongly, so
you only have the libraries required for running but not an
environment required for compiling.

Have you tried compiling a C program that links against libdl with the
toolchain you installed? I guess that will fail in exactly the same way.

Jonas