[fpc-pascal] Re: Inconsistency detected by ld.so

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 20:04:08 CET 2009

So I've been testing the problem with the "Inconsistency detected by
ld.so: dl-fini.c: 195: _dl_fini: Assertion
`ns != 0 || i == nloaded' failed!" error with tests tw12704a and
tw12704b on various different platforms.

So far it's reproduced on every 32-bit Ubuntu installation I've tried
(about half a dozen 9.04 and 9.10 installations I have around) and it
also failed on a custom RedHat-based distribution we use internally in
our company.

However, it does not reproduce on my CentOS 5.3 installation, nor does
it reproduce on my 64-bit Ubuntu 9.10 installation.

Is there someone with more knowledge of how linking and ld.so works in
Linux that has any ideas? I really don't think it's just something I'm
doing wrong, because I can reproduce it on several different
platforms, including stock virtual machines I haven't had a chance to
mess up yet. :) Even if any of you are FPC users running Ubuntu could
you give this a try and see if you can reproduce it?

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover
sethdgrover[at]gmail[dot]com