[fpc-pascal] FPC Zip library

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 23:02:15 CET 2008

On 07/02/2008, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2 - It doesn't allow to give a stream of data to be compressed into a
> zip file. My data is on memory, saving it and re-reading is a waste.
> This one is easy to fix without knowledge of zip format, and I started
> building a TZipper. ZipStreams, but then I met problem 1 and gave up,
> because it is a show stopper, and not at all easy to solve (I don't
> understand anything about zip file structure).

We have already done this in tiOPF. We can compress a string, file or
stream using gzip. Um, that's using a single item for compression, so
might not be what you want.  Anyway, I have also stripped the code to
have no tiOPF dependencies.  If you are interested, I will try and
find the code for you.

Alternatively, have a look at the TZipFile component I mentioned
before.  It does what you want - I think. Plus it has functions to
list, view and save files and directories inside a zip file. It's like
working with a normal directory structure. Darius did a brilliant job
of it.

Regards,
  - Graeme -