[fpc-pascal] The fpGUI Toolkit supports FreeBSD!

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 13:05:18 CET 2008

On 31/01/2008, papelhigienico at gmail.com <papelhigienico at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can rebuild lazarus using fpGUI (lastest snapshots of lazaurs and fpGUI)
> now?

No you can't.  At this time fpGUI is a stand-alone GUI toolkit for the
Free Pascal Compiler. You can create GUI applications using Lazurus as
your IDE (editor only) or any other editor for that matter and use
fpGUI's UI Designer (visual form designer). This will give you fpGUI
based applications - nothing to do with the Lazarus LCL.

To actually compile Lazarus with the fpGUI toolkit, we need to first
create a LCL-fpGUI widgetset, like the others that exist (Win32, Qt,
GTK etc). The LCL-fpGUI that is currently in Lazarus is just a
skeleton widgetset and has about 3 components working (TForm, TButton
and TLabel) and they aren't complete either. It was simply an exercise
to see what would be required to make fpGUI a supported toolkit for
the LCL.  There are plans to complete the LCL-fpGUI widgetset, but
that is still months away.

Regards,
  - Graeme -